This calendar intended to help our community stay up to date on progressive events and opportunities along the Central Coast.
Only events that meet our mission will be added. Please allow us up to 4 business days to approve or modify submissions.
To inquire about event sponsorship support, please contact [email protected].
- This event has passed.
Racial Equity Fund of Santa Barbara County Grant Application Workshop
January 18 @ 6:00 pmfree
The Racial Equity Fund of Santa Barbara County (REFSBC) is an initiative that came directly from grassroots organizing by Black Female leaders in Santa Barbara County who demanded that the County of Santa Barbara invest in the Black community in the wake of the killing of George Floyd and the ongoing racial justice movement. Santa Barbara County Board of Supervisors passed a resolution declaring racism a public health crisis, made a commitment to racial justice and pledged $500,000 to begin to address equity issues in the county. Roughly half of the funds were allocated to internal/institutional County equity development with the remaining funds to be distributed through the Fund for Santa Barbara’s participatory grantmaking process.
1. Must be a historically oppressed, marginalized and underrepresented-led group
2. Must support community members directly harmed by the racist policies and marginalized by systemic racism
3. Must include as a core mission the goal of addressing systemic racism
4. Projects must take place in the County of Santa Barbara
5. Have a Tax ID Number, Employer Identification Number (EIN), or a fiscal sponsor
6. Have an organizational bank account (or a fiscal sponsor)
Request for Proposals will be launched on January 12th and accepted through February 11th. Join us on the 18th for a walk through of how to apply.
Register at: bit.ly/REFworkshop