This calendar intended to help our community stay up to date on progressive events and opportunities along the Central Coast.
Only events that meet our mission will be added. Please allow us up to 4 business days to approve or modify submissions.
To inquire about event sponsorship support, please contact [email protected].
- This event has passed.
Preparing and Responding to Opposition Attacks (2-Part Webinar)
March 14 @ 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm$75
Have you seen the increasing right wing attacks and been concerned for your group? Has your organization been targeted by opponents with false attacks or harassment of your community members? How are communities responding to protect and stand up for each other?
Come to our two-part webinar series to learn what to watch out for, and how to be bold in the face of attacks. In this 2-webinar series we focus on creating a Crisis Response Plan and assessing your Organizational security and compliance practices.
March 14th and March 28th 1:00pm-3:30pm Pacific by Zoom
Session #1 Creating your Crisis Response Plan
- We will outline what to watch out for: potential threats and risks in today’s context
- We walk you through a Crisis Response plan & how to create your own
- You will go home with a Best practices checklist as home work for session #2
Session #2 Best practices checklist and action plan
- Session #2 is a look ‘under the hood’ of your internal practices and starting a tune-up
- Bring your checklist ‘homework’ and share reflections on real world crises and responses
- Walk away with an action plan to take on your top security priorities
Presenters Margi Clarke and Mary Ochs have been part of grassroots organizing on the ground for a combined 7 decades! Today they offer training, facilitation and strategic development for social justice groups around the U.S. In this series Margi and Mary will offer examples of rising political attacks and how to respond, and give you practical tools to get your organization in better shape.